Is a three-legged centrifuge or a flat centrifuge better?
Three-legged centrifuges were widely used many years ago. Today, I will popularize what is a three-legged centrifuge and what is a flat-plate centrifuge. What are the differences between the two and how to choose?
Three-legged centrifuge: The bottom support is three column feet, named after the arrangement of equal triangles. The three-legged centrifuge is a solid-liquid separation equipment, mainly suitable for solid-liquid two-phase separation, three-legged centrifuge for low-speed centrifuges.
The advantages of the three-legged centrifuge: It has strong adaptability to materials, and the appropriate filter medium can be used to separate fine particles with a particle size of microns, and can also be used to deliquoise finished articles. By adjusting the time of separation operation, it can be applied to various suspensions that are difficult to separate, and can also be applied when there are different requirements for filter cake washing.
Disadvantages of three-legged centrifuges: Most of the bodies are cast iron bodies, which are low in price and operate intermittently or cyclically. The feeding stage needs to start and increase, and the discharge stage needs to slow down or stop, and the production capacity is low; manual upper discharge The three-legged centrifuge is labor-intensive and has poor operating conditions, so it can only be used in medium and small-scale production processes.
Plate centrifuge; plate centrifuge is developed from the traditional three-legged centrifuge. It adopts a plate structure. The shell and the platform are usually welded together, and flanges can also be used. Usually four liquid damping shock absorbers are used. Compared with the original three-legged suspension shock absorber structure, it is more stable and has better shock isolation effect. At the same time, the flat upper plane can be used as an operating platform for daily use.
Advantages of flat-plate centrifuge: The base of the flat-plate centrifuge is a flat-plate structure, which reduces the center of gravity of the machine and reduces the installation space. The flat-plate base can be used as an operating platform, which is easy to operate;
2. The plate centrifuge is equipped with a liquid damping shock absorber, which has a good vibration reduction effect and simplifies daily maintenance;
3. The overall structure of the plate centrifuge is reasonably designed, the structural parts are transitional and smooth, and the surface is polished. plastic, lined with tetrafluoroethylene, etc.);
4. The shell of the flat centrifuge is a large clamshell structure (configuration on the cover: feeding pipe, washing pipe, observation mirror, lighting hole). The body is designed with a closed structure, and the seals are made of silicone rubber or fluorine rubber, which can meet the requirements of airtight explosion-proof. , equipped with nitrogen protection system to ensure the isolation of the inner cavity of the centrifuge from the outside air, suitable for applications in toxic, flammable and explosive occasions;
5. The flat centrifuge can be equipped with a nitrogen protection system to ensure that the inner cavity of the centrifuge is isolated from the outside air; Fine design and production of interfaces, etc., to ensure that the surface state conforms to GMP specifications;
7. The plate centrifuge has strong versatility and wide application range. It is suitable for separating suspensions containing solid particles ≥ 0.01 mm. The solid particles can be granular, crystalline or fibrous, and can also be used for finished articles ( such as yarn bundles, textiles, etc.) dehydration;
8. The flat-plate centrifuge is started by the frequency converter, the start is stable, and the separation factor is adjustable. Non-contact dynamic braking system; electrostatic belt drive.
Disadvantages: high cost.